BikeWalkSolana Meeting, Mon May 6, 2019
The next meeting of BikeWalkSolana, the Solana Beach Active Transportation Committee, be held on Monday, May 6, 2019, 5pm at Fletcher Cove Community Center.
Fletcher Cove Community Center
133 Pacific Avenue
Solana Beach, CA 92075
- Updates from the City
- Community Bike Ride
- Recent ordinance in Cambridge, MA related to Complete Streets / Vision Zero
- New Business
Notes by Jill Cooper
- Lomas Santa Fe Corridor open house is scheduled for Wednesday, May 29 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall. It’s critical that we reach out to people who support a bike and pedestrian friendly Lomas Santa Fe design and that they SHOW UP at the meeting or write letters. We know that anyone who commented on Phase 2 will receive a personal letter from the City advising them of the open house, but we expect that the City will publicize the meeting through the E-blast and on the City website, by contacting families through the Solana Beach School District electronic newsletter, using social media, and by any other means deemed effective.
- Bike Share proposal for Gotcha Bikes was to be voted on by the City Council on May 8. Bike Share was already approved by the City of Encinitas, was about to be voted on by City of Del Mar on May 6, and will be taken up by the cities of Carlsbad and Oceanside in the future. All bikes in the 18 month trial program will be E-assist. There will be clear rules about following traffic laws and bike safety guidelines. A geo-fencing feature will offer users discounts for dropping off bikes in appropriate locations. Also included will be a future electric vehicle shared mobility program in neighborhoods.
- Douglas and Karl agreed to attend the May 8 Council meeting for the May Bike Month proclamation. Skyline, Solana Vista, and Earl Warren Schools are all registered for May 8 Bike to School Day. Thanks to Kristine Schindler for her efforts. For more information about Bike Month activities, go to sdbikecoalition.org
- Minor mechanical help such as pumping tires will be available at 12:15 p.m. Who will help with this?
- Gotcha Bikes should be available to rent at La Colonia Park; so they need to be notified. Who will talk with Gotcha Bikes to make arrangements?
- Even though it’s a couple of months away, we need to start publicizing this! Jill—coordinate with SB School District electronic newsletter. Karl—article(s) and final version of flyer to Solana Beach Sun. Shawna—Social media (“Save the date!”). All of us—word of mouth, talking it up with neighbors and friends.