BikeWalkSolana Meeting (Zoom), Mon October 5, 2020
The next meeting of BikeWalkSolana, the Solana Beach Active Transportation Committee, be held on Monday, October 5, 2020, 5pm on Zoom. For an invitation please email [email protected]
- Updates from the City
- San Elijo Lagoon Loop via North Coast Bike Trail
- As part of the BuildNCC Environmental Enhancements a section of the North Coast Bike Trail (simulations on pages 6-8) is being built from Solana Beach to Manchester. The multi use path which will provide easy access for bicyclist and pedestrians wanting to visit the San Elijo Lagoon Nature Center run by the County of San Diego Parks and Recreation.
- Pedestrians will be able to continue in a loop west and south over two bridges and connect up to the Harbaugh Trail and the Coastal Rail Trail.
- Item to discuss the feasibility of allowing bicyclists to make the same connection from the Nature Center to the Coastal Rail Trail.
- CIty of Solana Beach Climate Action Plan update
- Join All of California for Clean Air Day – Wednesday, 7 October 2020
- Make a pledge to clean the air, then leave your car at home on Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020
- Sign up here: SANDAG iCommute Clean Air Day
- Walk To School Day – Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020
- Since 1997, communities have been coming together for Walk to School Day. This year, the global coronavirus pandemic means that travel to school may be different than prior years. In some places, schools are open and students are able to walk and roll to school. In other places, the school trip might just be to the living room. Regardless, communities across the country tell us that they remain committed to participating in Walk to School Day this year—and that the reasons for participation remain the same, with physical activity, safety and social connectedness rising to the top.
Meeting Notes: (by Jill Cooper)